NOW Foundation celebrates another year in our campaign to educate and encourage women and girls to say "no" to negative stereotypes and "yes" to awareness, health and a positive body image. Our Love Your Body Campaign continues to counter unrealistic beauty standards, gender stereotypes and sometimes harmful images imposed by media and advertisers with a simple but powerful message to women and girls -- Love Your Body.
Take action! Here are five ideas to get you started:
1. Write a blog post for our Love Your Body Day Blog Carnival. Got something to say about body image? We would love to have as many voices as possible, including yours.
2. Speak up and speak out about body image -- on camera! Help lead the discussion on body image by recording a video and posting it on YouTube as part of Let's Talk About It, a project of NOW Foundation's Love your Body Campaign.
3. Get social and spread the word! Tweet body-positive statements using the #lybd hashtag. Add the Love Your Body Day twibbon to your twitter and make it your Facebook profile picture to show support. Or, RSVP on Facebook to our Love Your Body Day event.
4. Learn more about NOW Foundation's Love Your Body Campaign. Explore the website, and take action using the many ideas featured there.
5. Support the Love Your Body Campaign with a tax-deductible donation. A gift of any amount will be appreciated -- every dollar counts! Your contribution will help promote realistic and positive representations of women and girls in the media.