May 31, 2013
Every year NOW activists are drawn to the National NOW Conference in large part to the broad array of informational and skills-building workshops.
This year is no different! Many workshops will address hot topics currently in the news and provide the necessary skills to make change happen:
- Marriage Equality - Keeping Up the Momentum – NOW activists have helped achieve unprecedented victories in the struggle for marriage equality and this workshop will review the current status of marriage equality campaigns. Introduced will be the new NOW National Action Campaign on Marriage Equality that will build upon the momentum!
- Taking Action Against Military Sexual Violence - An expert panel will address what most everyone recognizes as a widespread epidemic of violence that has been inadequately addressed by the Pentagon.
- Building an ERA Army Using Social Media – Breathe renewed life into the fight for the ERA's three state strategy by enhancing your social media skills in this workshop!
- Speakouts, Sit-Ins, and Flashmobs: Feminist Movement Wins Morning-After Pill OTC – The exciting story of how a determined group of reproductive justice activists planned and executed a (hopefully, soon to be successful) legal challenge to the FDA’s age restriction for the morning-after birth control pill sold without prescription over-the-counter.
- Feminist Field Force Invades NJ and VA, A NOW PAC Workshop – Elections in New Jersey and Virginia will have significant national consequences. Learn about the unique challenges we face in trying to bring down the GOP’s most popular governor in NJ and our worst right wing nightmare in Virginia. Plug into NOW’s exciting new project – the Feminist Field Force – and you can help us make a difference.
- Take the Political Power – NOW PACs and How to Impact Elections in Your Community – The War on Women is being waged state by state and the battle for equality must be fought at the state and local level. It has never been more crucial to get your NOW PACs up and running effectively.
Keep in mind the deadline for the special room rate is June 10 and online registration for the conference ends June 21! The conference is in the great city of Chicago (July 5-7) – so don't miss out!
Hope to see you in Chicago!