If you've been following the news lately, you know right-wing politicians are dramatically ramping up their attacks on women's rights.
- In Arkansas, legislators overrode Gov. Mike Beebe's veto of an unconstitutional ban on abortion at 12 weeks of pregnancy.
- Then, in a sordid race to the bottom, North Dakota lawmakers passed a bill criminalizing abortion at six weeks and the governor signed it into law; this ban is now the most restrictive in the nation.
NOW is fighting back — and we need your help to succeed. Your NOW membership is up for renewal, and I have to tell you — your commitment to NOW has never been more important. You can renew online today, safely and securely.
These state-level assaults on abortion rights are happening despite the fact that at least 70 percent of U.S. voters want Roe v. Wade and the right to safe, legal abortion to remain the law of the land. But the right wing is so well funded and emboldened that unless we take effective action now, things could get even worse in the 2013 and 2014 elections.
That's why NOW is launching a campaign to educate and mobilize voters in states where reproductive justice is in serious danger. But winning this state-by-state fight will require substantial resources to put effective grassroots field operations into place — and that is why your membership is so essential to our success. Can I count on you to help us keep moving forward and fighting back?
Please renew your NOW membership right away! Your support will provide the resources we need to build a massive grassroots response to the threats we face through:
- Aggressive outreach, education and media campaigns;
- Mobilization to turn up the heat against anti-choice measures and the elected leaders that propose them; and
- Laying the groundwork this year for decisive pro-woman victories in the 2014 election cycle.
We need you with us. Thanks to the extraordinary activism of NOW leaders, activists and volunteers, we scored some important wins last year. Now we need to keep the momentum going for our issues and fight back against those who refuse to accept the verdict of the voters. Renew your NOW membership online today!
P.S. When you renew your membership, you stay part of our vital network of feminist activists. Please renew online today.