DEFEND REPRODUCTIVE RIGHTS IN NORTH CAROLINA!
Militant anti-abortion rights group Operation Save America is planning to terrorize abortion care providers and harass the women they serve in Charlotte, N.C., from July 17-24. Please join Charlotte NOW, Feminist Majority Foundation and supporters of women's reproductive rights by taking action NOW.
Here's how you can help:
1. Demonstrate your support with NOW activists by participating in clinic defense outside the Family Reproductive Health Clinic in Charlotte, N.C., on Saturday, July 24, from 7:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Bring your NOW rounds with you!
2. Sign this petition denouncing terror campaigns against abortion care providers and harassment against the women they serve.
3. Volunteer to help turn out NOW members in N.C. by phonebanking in the NOW Action Center or from the comfort of your own home!
4. Tweet up! Whether or not you can make it to Charlotte, tweet your support for women's right to abortion by using the hashtag #savechoice.
5. Donate to NOW to help support our unyielding defense of women's rights.
Operation Save America (formerly Operation Rescue), an anti-abortion rights group known for encouraging a climate of violence and terrorism against abortion care providers and patients, is planning a national event in Charlotte, July 17-24. We anticipate them staging a wide-scale demonstration outside the Family Reproductive Health Clinic on Saturday morning, July 24.
Sign up and join Charlotte NOW and other NOW members in Charlotte to defend the clinic on July 24 from 7:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. We are planning a peaceful demonstration in support of women's fundamental right to the full range of reproductive health services.
The Family Reproductive Clinic is located at 700 E Hebron St, Charlotte, N.C. 28273, off the W. Arrowood Road exit of I-77. A map is available here.
Nearby hotels include the Courtyard Marriott (located at 800 West Arrowood Rd, Charlotte, N.C. 28217; phone 1-704-527-5055) and Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood (7900 Forest Point Boulevard, Charlotte, N.C. 28273; phone 1-704-522-8400), both also off the W. Arrowood exit of I-77.
If you have specific questions, please contact Charlotte NOW at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Groups like Operation Save America and Operation Rescue use intimidation tactics to scare away women from exercising their right to obtain abortion care and to drive out of business those clinics that provide the full range of reproductive health services. Anti-abortion rights zealots have turned to vandalism, arson, assault and murder to get their way. Send a message that these actions are an organized form of terrorism that must stop -- sign NOW's petition today, and encourage others to do the same!
Volunteer with National NOW to call up NOW members in and around North Carolina to come rally with us on July 24. We must use all of our resources to push back against Operation Save America.
Tweet in support of women's reproductive rights from July 17-24 using the hashtag #savechoice. Let us know how your efforts are going and keep engaged with other activists around the country before, during and after the counter-protest!
Donate to NOW so that we can continue to organize to protect and expand women's fundamental reproductive rights!